On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, Bob White, Principal of Masuda Funai's Immigration Practice Group, presented with three other experts during the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Agora Web Seminar entitled "Trends in PERM and BALCA Cases." Bob participated in the discussion regarding recent trends in PERM processing, audits and BALCA cases, and provided tips and strategies for preparing PERM applications and responding to audits. The effects of COVID-19 on PERM cases was also discussed.
The discussion featured topics, such as:
- Are There Any New Trends in PERM Adjudications?
- Changes to Employment During the PERM Process
- Does DOL Require Employers to Include All Job Requirements in Every Ad?
- Job Applicants: What Is an Acceptable Standard of Review?
- What Is a Reasonable Period of On-the-Job Training—Three Months, Six Months, One Year?
- Recent BALCA Decisions and How They Can Impact Your PERM Applications
Founded in 1946, AILA is the national association of immigration lawyers established to promote justice, advocate for fair and reasonable immigration law and policy, advance the quality of immigration and nationality law and practice, and enhance the professional development of its members.